Other concerns

If you are concerned about a child who does not readily fall into a indicator of risk category you should discuss your concerns with your line manager or your Child Protection Co-ordinator.  If you believe the concerns may constitute a risk of significant harm then you should refer the matter to Social Work Services directly and then complete the Notification of Concern form.  The referral should be timeous and relevant details obtained – Refer a Concern to SW.

If your concerns do not suggest a risk of significant harm or you are unsure following discussion with the appropriate line manager or Child Protection Co-ordinator then this can be further discussed directly with Social Work Services for information and advice.  The issues or concerns about the child may suggest that his or her needs are not being fully met and that a Child Assessment and Plan should be completed in order to further assess needs and identify appropriate supports and services.